Quirky Kid continues to grow, develop and evolve. As a result, we are seeking a child psychologist who shares Quirky Kid’s passion for working with children – Together, amazing things happen. Psychologists located Australian-wide are welcome to apply.
We’re looking for colleagues who love working with children and engaging confidently with parents to join our relaxed, welcoming team. This is a work from home position to deliver services via Telehealth under our BriteChild® app. In this role, you will be comfortable providing services to clients aged 7-18 via Telehealth.
BriteChild® is a digital child psychology clinic providing on-demand access to leading psychologists who can give advice, guidance and support for parents and children. From minor worries to complex mental health issues, BriteChild® can support parents Australia wide.
To combine your love of working with children and your exceptional clinical skills:
- To delight your clients with your attention to detail and commitment to achieving therapeutic goals using effective evidence-based interventions.
- To advocate for children and families at school-based case conferences, if required.
- To deliver Telehealth consultations to clients based outside the main cities and located in regional and hard to reach areas.
- To draft, review and send recommendations and summaries to clients with clear and practical recommendations
- To produce content for online learning resources using a variety of audio-visual materials.
Benefits and Remuneration package:
Annual Salary package ranging from $$83,469 to $88,400 p.a inclusive superannuation and entitlements (based on meeting position criteria), pro-rata, plus
- QK perks, including Wellbeing Allowance, Beverage Allowance,
- Receive over 40 hours of professional supervision a year
- Contract position (12 months with a further two years option).
- Professional development reimbursement of $1000 at 12 month of service
- Holiday Contribution of $1500 at 24 month of service
- To be part of an enthusiastic clinical team with weekly peer supervision, an annual retreat and regular PD opportunities.
- To be part of the dynamic QK culture where your insights, individuality and loyalty are highly valued.
- To see opportunities for growth within QK and to lead independently.
- To provide a mix of assessments, report writing and consultations for a maximum of six clients per day.
Your Qualifications & Experience:
- Fully Registered with the Psychology Board of Australia. This position is not suitable for provisional psychologist
- Eligible for APS College of Clinical Psychologists or APS College of Educational and Developmental Psychologists (desirable)
- Two years+ experience working with children in diverse settings, such as paediatric mental health and/or an educational context.
- Able to develop rapport with children, adolescents and parents via Telehealth.
- Calm, creative, flexible, open, stylish and punctual.
- Able to work 3 to 5 days per week (930-6pm).
- Comfortable with commitment and a desire to establish a long-term, loyal client base amongst a caring team of colleagues.