About This Program
Basecamp® is an innovative anxiety program that helps children aged 7 to 13 build a repertoire of anxiety-management skills. The program has won numerous local and international awards, including the Educational Initiative Award at the The London Book Fair International Excellence Awards and Best Designed Educational Resource at the 66th Australian Book Design Awards.
Basecamp® draws on decades of experience and combines a sound cognitive behavioural approach with effective and engaging child-centred activities.
What we cover
This anxiety program provides children with a concise and engaging set of materials to help them build a toolkit of anxiety-management techniques and to support the development of essential social and emotional learning (SEL) skills. Throughout the 8 weeks, participants will:
- Understand worry, anxiety and their components
- Develop more realistic ways of thinking about situations that make them anxious
- Practice cognitive restructuring and gradual exposure techniques to overcome worries
- Master relaxation techniques to reduce overall arousal levels and physical tension typically associated with anxiety
- Learn to build relapse-prevention strategies and apply action plans when difficulties arise
Each program is evaluated to ensure it meets our strict learning outcomes. Current research with parents indicates that 73% of children were better able to manage their worries and anxiety (overall) after attending BaseCamp® (n=49).
Workshop structure and inclusions
This comprehensive and engaging anxiety program runs weekly for eight weeks during most terms. It includes
- Weekly sessions that last one hour each.
- Small, multi-age, mixed gender groups with a maximum of four to six participants.
- Two x 30-minute online parent consultations before and after the program
- A copy of our award-winning 244-page workbook featuring interactive activities, facts, fieldwork and stories
- Weekly email updates with key program content and suggestions for home and school
Good to know
- The program is $752 per child. Discounts may apply as advertised from time to time. Please read the FAQ about the programs and workshops.
- Children with pre-existing diagnoses may need to complete a pre-screening session at an additional cost. Please read this helpful article for more information.
- By registering, you accept the terms and conditions that include non-refundable and other strict terms and conditions. Please consider if they are right for you.
- Sydney programs are at Level 1, Unit 2, 83-85 Queen Street, Woollahra, 2025
- Wollongong programs are at Unit 105, 62 Moore Street, Austinmer, 2515
- Other locations provided during registration.