Quirky Kid continues to grow, develop and evolve. As a result, we are seeking a child psychologist who shares Quirky Kid’s passion for working with children – Together, amazing things happen.|
We’re looking for colleagues who love working with children and engaging confidently with parents to join our relaxed, welcoming and well-resourced clinics in Sydney (Woollahra) and Austinmer (Wollongong). In this role, you will be comfortable providing a mix of assessments, peer supervision and supporting a client load.
You will work closely with Quirky Kid’s CEO to ensure our clinical approach and efficacy are world-class.
To combine your love of working with children and your exceptional clinical skills. You role will involve a mix of assessments, report writing and consultations for a maximum of six clients per day.
- To assess and potentially diagnose using psychometric tools, including the ADOS-2, WISC-V, SB-5, WIAT-III, CBCL, ABAS-3 and the Conners-3.
- To produce psychometric reports of the highest standard (with the support of Dr O'Brien) for parents and educators to help guide our clinical intervention.
- To delight your clients with your attention to detail and commitment to achieving therapeutic goals using effective evidence-based interventions, incorporating art and play, where possible.
- To advocate for children and families at school-based case conferences, if required.
- To deliver our award-winning workshops and programs for children.
- To work within the structure of billable hours to ensure consultations, school observations, case conferences, test administration and reports are complete within reasonable timeframes.
- To provide peer supervision and support to peers
Benefits and Remuneration package:
Annual Salary package range $82,875 to $110,500 p.a inclusive superannuation and entitlements (based on meeting position criteria), pro-rata, plus
- QK perks, including Wellbeing Allowance, Beverage Allowance and Professional Development budget.
- Receive over 35 hours of professional supervision a year valued at $9,800
- Professional development reimbursement of $1000 at 12 month service
- Holiday Contribution of $1500 at 24 month of service
- To be part of an enthusiastic clinical team with weekly peer supervision, an annual retreat and regular PD opportunities.
- To be part of the dynamic QK culture where your insights, individuality and loyalty are highly valued.
- To see opportunities for growth within QK and to lead independently.
Your Qualifications & Experience:
- Fully Registered with the Psychology Board of Australia.
- Eligible for APS College of Clinical Psychologists (desirable) or APS College of Educational and Developmental Psychologists (desirable)
- Two years+ experience working with children in diverse settings, such as paediatric mental health and/or an educational context.
- Registered as a supervisor and able to supervise provisional psychologists
- Able to develop rapport with children, adolescents and parents.
- Calm, creative, flexible, open, stylish and punctual.
- Able to work 3 to 5 days per week (9:30-6pm).
- Comfortable with commitment and a desire to establish a long-term, loyal client base amongst a caring team of colleagues.