Dr Kimberley O'Brien, co-founder and principal psychologist at Quirky Kid® will be heading to the UAE next week to participate in the 5-days Dubai EdTech Bootcamp organised by Australian Trade and Investment Commission (Austrade), together with eight hand picked educational movers and shakers.
The United Arab Emirates (UAE) has the largest number of English-speaking private schools in the world and more than 20 international universities. Education is big business in Dubai and the schools there are at the vanguard of technology integration with traditional educational modalities.
Dr Kimberley will be connecting with other global innovators in the educational and educational technology space, sharing skills, and showcasing our unique Quirky Kid products and programs. Amongst the showcase is BriteChild®, an innovative new app currently in the Beta-testing phase, as well as our Social and Emotional Education Systems and curriculum, like The Best of Friends® BaseCamp® and Power-Up® programs.
The programs includes the opportunity to deliver a 10 minute pitch session to a small group of key potential customers and investors. Attendees will include decision makers from schools and universities; family offices; VC funds and government funding arms, such as:
- Knowledge Fund, Privity FZ LLE, Athena Education and
- Foundation Holding, Cedar Bridge as well as
- Private Office of HH Sheikh Hamdan Bin Mohammed Alnehayan and Private Office of HH Sheikh Saeed Bin Ahmed Al Makhtoum
While there’s no denying that we’re thrilled-to-pieces to be recognised at the Bootcamp as an innovator in education, we’re also thrilled to have the opportunity to expand our reach to more kids globally.. Our participation in this exciting event helps us understand the common experiences of children first-hand on a global scale, as well as helping us achieve our goals of reaching beyond geographical boundaries to make kids all over the world happier, healthier and in better relationships.
The inaugural Dubai EdTech Bootcamp is a joint initiative with Austrade, EduGrowth and Dubai Future Accelerators and runs from 2nd-6th March 2019 in Dubai UAE.
About the Program
The format of the program consists of various interactive sessions including workshops, pitching sessions, presentations and networking. The sessions include:
- Introduction to UAE business and local culture: understanding the unique cultural and business context in the Middle East
- Insights into education industry: understanding the UAE innovation eco-system and education market as well as the education regulator
- Introduction to Dubai Future Foundation, Dubai Future Accelerators, Area2071, GEMSX and KHDA
- Briefings on setting up a business, business structures and partnership models, financing options, intellectual property protection, tendering and contracts.
- Roundtables with private and public sector customers to understand their needs to refine your approach and message for the UAE market.\Video conferences with experts in other Middle Eastern and African markets to learn how to take advantage of regional opportunities.
If you would like to connect withy Quirky Kid and explore opportunities with us for the Middle East, please get in touch. Quirky Kid as recently selected to participate in the India BootCamp organised by the NSW Department of Industry and the School of Social Entrepreneurs.